Announcing...


Let me first start by saying. I'm speechless. 
I will try to find the words.

I'm overwhelmed.
Grateful.
Humbled.
Happy.
And excited beyond belief.


Our first baby is on the way. It feels so surreal, and I'll tell you why...

This hasn't been an easy journey for us (okay mostly me...).
 It's been years now trying to make this happen, and I can't believe it's finally here. 
After supposed miscarriages, ovarian cysts rupturing, several trips to the ER, 
and being told possible miscarriages would be in store in the future... 
having babies looked like a scary road for us to travel. 




Needless to say, starting a family for us hasn't been as easy as pie. 
If it were that easy, let's just say we would be like a bagillion pounds by now.
 It also hasn't been something that we have often publicly shared. 
Sure if someone asked, we would tell...
but besides that, we felt it best not to burden others with our heartache or sorrows. 


I guess I just want to say that although it was THE most difficult trial I have yet endured in my life, 
I can honestly say, looking back on it now...
 I wouldn't change a thing. 


We all go through our own challenges and heartaches that shape us and change us.

For me infertility was one of the hardest things I have ever had to face.
It forced me to grow and stretch my faith.
It humbled me.
So many tears were shed and so many nights spent on my knees.


I remember the day we found out we were pregnant...
Simply put, there was so much peace and love in my in my heart.
Obviously those feelings were for the baby...but also out of pure gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father.
Tears build up as I write this.
It was a gratitude unlike I had ever felt or experienced before.

After I got pregnant one of my fears was that I would forget.
I didn't want to forget all that I had learned through this trial.
I didn't want to experience pregnancy as if I had never struggled getting pregnant.
I wanted it to be different.

I hope that I remain changed.
I hope that I can continue to be a little more grateful...
a little more happy...
a little more in awe...
a little more sensitive...
a little more embracing of the experience...
and a little more humble.

I know I am no where near perfect... not even close,
but I am so grateful for the perspective infertility gave me.
I don't want to lose it. 


Looking back on the experience now, I am realizing that the Lord's timing is perfect.
Even if things don't come immediately, He is still aware of you...He is still blessing you.


I know that there are others who continue to struggle with the trial of infertility.
I want you to know that I love you very much and pray for you often.
I hope with all my heart that you read this and don't feel the pain.
But rather, I genuinely long for this news to give you hope.




17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am truly happy for you! Enjoy pregnancy and all the ups and downs it brings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney I am so so happy for you guys! You are going to be a terrific mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah yeah yeah!! such a blessing to experience infertility and then FINALLY pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Although I never had to struggle with infertility, it was always on my mind to not complain to others that would give anything to be pregnant. Hope you can enjoy it, and have a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog. You do beautiful work! I can relate to infertility. Because of an ovarian cyst that remained unfound for 3 years, it took my husband and I 4.5 years to finally have a baby. What joy that was! Getting pregnant after that was a cinch and we have been blessed with 5 daughters. I hope your journey takes an easier road for you now. Enjoy and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you, and LOVE the new look; bright & beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You don't know me, but I stumbled upon your blog months ago & I am so loving your creative work! You are going to be amazing parents-- you have the gospel in your lives & as long as you keep your Father in Heaven close & your Savior in the center of your lives & home-- everything will be o.k.! We are preparing for our first of 3 children to take his fiance through the temple in a few weeks & I have spent the past 21 plus years of his life watching him grow & praying that he would serve a mission & some day enter the temple with a beautiful bride, it hasn't always been easy- but you & your sweet husband have done everything right to start! keep up the great work my sweet friend! P.S. I live in Gilbert-- can't wait to see your new home get started-- I am sure it will be amazing- filled with love.
    Sincerely
    Terri Galvan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. What exciting news. A true blessing and I truly wish joy for you guys every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although my husband and I are still having issues with infertility, it gives me hope when I hear stories of others who were able to have their own children. I hope to one day share in your joy of being pregnant and I think the blessing of having children will replace the sorry of not being able to conceive. It's not a problem, it's just the way things go and you will remember and be able to help others as you might be called upon to do. I wish you all the best and want you to know as someone who has been trying for 14years and done two cycles of IVF, your joy gives me hope and I'm glad you shared it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Do you do graphic design for people? For pay? I love your stuff and this summer I am going to need wedding invitations and bridal shower invitations for my daughter. Please email me at maleisab435@msn.com if you are interested....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this post and I am oh so excited for you and your husband! My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years and I have been really depressed lately. I know that 2 years is not a long time at all to try for a baby but I think it's the fear of never getting pregnant that consumes me. It kills me to think what if we never get pregnant. This post gave me hope. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! You are so talented and I AM SO excited for you! Having lived through infertility for 16 years {but 4 adoptions } I can only imagine your excitement!! Still holding out for that dream here:) Gives us all hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. courtney I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so pleased to hear your happy news! It took my husband and me many years to finally get pregnant too, and now we have two! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm soooooo very happy for you guys! You are going to be the cutest pregnant lady ever! What a lucky baby- you two will be amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete