Come Follow Me: How can I become more Christlike?

It's that time again! Is anyone else getting excited for the month of October as I am?
I feel like there is just so much to look forward to...
Autumn, General Conference, and not to mention new "Come Follow Me" lesson outlines to read up on!
The overall focus of the month is "Becoming More Like the Savior"
I have been so inspired as I have read over the lesson outlines and some of the suggested talks.

As usual, I am getting a head start on creating some fun handouts and lesson helps to spark some inspiration!
The handouts below directly coordinate to the lesson outline...

"HOW CAN I BECOME MORE CHRISTLIKE?"
Feel free to print off , share, and use for your lessons!

You can download a PDF copy of the handouts and lesson helps by clicking on the links below.
Keep in mind that  if you attempt to change the sizing, you may run the risk of slightly blurring the image! 

Above is simple handout about the importance of striving to follow the Savior's example,
The quote comes from Elder Dallin H. Oaks and his talk 
I love the emphasis Elder Oaks puts on the fact that we should ALWAYS be striving to become more Christlike.
For a PDF download of the handout (two on one sheet) CLICK HERE




One of my favorite things from Preach My Gospel as a missionary was the activity found in Chapter 8,
I found myself reviewing the questions on a weekly basis as I set goals 
and focused on striving to become more like the Savior as I served. 

Since being home from serving a mission, I do not do the activity every week,
but I do try to review it as often as possible as I continue to set personal goals in my life.
I think it is a great personal evaluation tool and provides a way to become closer to the Savior 
as you learn about his attributes and try to become more like him.

The way the activity works is simple.
You read the statements and rank yourself on a scale from 1-5. 
After ranking myself I like to take a step back and take an overall look at where I can improve.
Obviously perfection is impossible, so it is important not to get down on yourself 
when you see areas for improvement.

After reviewing the information,
I usually like to select one attribute that I am going to study and work on for the month.

I think this could be a great tool to use during your lesson or an activity to send home with your young women.

Some of the questions in preach my gospel are specific to missionaries, 
so I slightly edited some of the evaluation statements and 
created a fun worksheet that the girls could take home and put somewhere as a reminder.

For a PDF download of the handout (front side) CLICK HERE
For a PDF download of the handout (back side) CLICK HERE






28 comments:

  1. You continue to blow me away w/ your incredible talent. I can't thank you enough for helping me w/ my lessons. My Laurels LOVE ♥ getting handouts, and I know that they appreciate it (and so do I)!!!
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What program do you use for your graphics? Do you design them or find them somewhere? Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this little attributes quiz. I took it, and it really helps us (and I hope the girls) evaluate our lives and testimonies. Thank you for making it so cute! You have real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this little attributes quiz. I took it, and it really helps us (and I hope the girls) evaluate our lives and testimonies. Thank you for making it so cute! You have real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will use this on Sunday. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will use this on Sunday. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all!!! I adds to our lessons and the gals love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will use this on Sunday. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the time you have taken to make this and share with others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. honestly, my biggest fear is you not blogging anymore! Every weekend you have awesome ideas that I use. I am blown away by your talent, thank you thank thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and talents for free. I love your handouts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! Thanks for making it so cute...and to think I was just going to copy it straight out of preach my gospel...ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome, Thanks so much for doing this. I was just called to YW, and I have been stressed because i'm not crafty or creative... thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the girls from our MiaMaid class taught today and used one of your handouts! I knew exactly where she had gotten it from the moment I saw it. It was perfect and really helped with the lesson. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im doing a lesson in young womens for a personal progress project and i hit a dead spot but once i read all of yours things i was inspired and now i have a plan. You really helped me out. THANK YOU :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the time you put into this! I really love the activity. You are so talented thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your amazing talent that you share! Love Love Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into your lessons. They are so helpful and I appreciate your ideas! You are one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have used this checklist from PMG before, but when presented with your cute layout and decor the girls were immediately engaged (as opposed to tuning out what seemed to be a boring worksheet, as before). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw your handout on Pinterest and was already amazed but am quite amazed and grateful for the attributes handout from PMG! This is going to be perfect for my lesson this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, perfect! I'd thought of summarizing the PMG exercise into one page, but it seemed like a ton of work (I'm sure it was for you! :), and it wouldn't have been nearly this cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so bright, happy and beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your talents! Just what I needed for my lesson this sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so, so much for these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Courtney... Thank you, once again, for sharing your gifts with us!!! I would have loved being your mission companion-- I have a feeling you were a pretty awesome missionary! I'm going to us the attributes activity from Preach My Gospel and modify it in Photoshop to fit the girls' lives right now, but I had a feeling to check your blog first!
    I really do mean it when I say "bless you!" I pray you will receive an extra dose and measure of those blessings and things you need because of your charitable kindness and willingness to share. You continue to be a missionary today through your artistic talent!
    THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of my favorite things in the Preach my Gospel manual and the fact that you made it beautiful makes me SOOOOOOOOO happy!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you so much for sharing your talents freely. you are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are beautiful!Thank you so much for sharing your talents and love of the gospel with us, it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I find myself going to your site time and time again! Thank you for sharing your talents freely! Your creativity adds so much to my YW lessons! Thanks for your time and efforts! You touch so many!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are wonderful and exactly what I was hoping to find. I sincerely appreciate your work and your willingness to share with others!

    ReplyDelete