Come Follow Me: The Importance of Self-Reliance

As I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little one, 
I have been enjoying myself and passing the time by reading next month's young women "Come Follow Me" lesson outlines!
The overall focus of the month is "Spiritual & Temporal Self-Reliance".
The talks that correlate to the lesson outlines are wonderful and must reads!
I feel like the messages are so important, and felt grateful for the inspiration I personally received, 
especially as I prepare to be a soon-to-be mom!
(only 2 weeks people - 2 weeks!)

I decided to get a head start on creating some fun handouts and lesson helps to spark some inspiration!
The handouts below directly coordinate to the lesson outline...

Feel free to print off , share, and use for your lessons!

You can download a PDF copy of the handouts and lesson helps by clicking on the links below.
I only provide PDF files, as the quality is much better for printing purposes
and I prefer the integrity of the designs not be changed or altered. Thanks for your understanding!



GROWING IN SELF-RELIANCE GOAL SETTING WORKSHEET
For a PDF download of the worksheet CLICK HERE

Those who know me know that I am a goal setting fanatic!
So of course as I read the lesson outline for "What does it mean to be self-reliant",
I found myself scribbling down goals for the different temporal and spiritual categories.
After I finished, I thought this could be a fun activity for a lesson 
or even challenge to send home with the young women.

The outline emphasizes different areas where we should strive to become more "self-reliant".
Above is a worksheet that includes each of those categories.
Time could be spent studying and pondering each of the categories.
After reviewing the importance of temporal and spiritual preparedness, time could be spent setting personal goals. 
This worksheet could then be placed somewhere as a simple reminder/checklist of our goal to become more self-reliant.




TEMPORAL & SPIRITUAL HANDOUT
For a PDF download of the handout (4 to a page) CLICK HERE

I also really loved this quote from President Marion G. Romney,
because he puts such an emphasis on not only the importance of temporal preparedness,
 but also spiritual preparedness.


21 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your stuff! You are a lifesaver! And you will be a great mom! Excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much!!! it's going to be perfect for my lesson in Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these handouts! They were just what I was hoping to find. Thank you for sharing your talents! Good luck on becoming a new Momma and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your hand outs! thank you for sharing them. my yw girls love to hang them I'm their lockers at school ! so excited for you to become a mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! You are my go-to for YW handouts. Keep it up, love your help so so much! Good luck with new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!!! Your printables are awesome!! What a gift you have... thank you so much for sharing it with us! aloha, malia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all your printables! I love coming to your site each week! :) Lisa Forsyth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I am very grateful for all that you do! Your talents are blessing the lives of YW in places all over the world, even little towns in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your talents! I really appreciate it! I am grateful to have such awesome handouts for my YW. Your gifts are blessing the lives of YW and their leaders all over the world, even in a little town in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Young Women teacher, i am really in need of stuffs like these to catch their attention and deliver the message into their hearts. Thank you sister for sharing your skills with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a Young women teacher, i am really in need of these stuffs to help me catch their attention and deliver the message into their hearts. Thank you so much sister for sharing your skills with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Amazing Talent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have amazing talent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!! An absolute life saver! Good luck for baby's arrival! From NZ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much. This has SAVED my family from a stressed out and overly crabby mom. :) This is wonderful and my yw will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a new Young Women's President and you saved me!! I have not had the time to make hand-outs or lesson helps! You are creative and have such a great way of capturing the heart of the lesson. Thanks for your time and energy, but most of all your testimony!

    ReplyDelete

  17. thank you so very much for all you do for these beautiful preparations! It helps so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your handouts and my YW love them too! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible design talent with those of us that have different talents!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute & perfect. Thanks so much for making them & sharing them with the rest of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you so much....so useful

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are great! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete